Wesley joined Ward Circle Strategies with nearly 15 years’ experience in public and private sector public affairs where he’s worked on a wide range of complex and politically sensitive issues—from arms control and high-profile litigation on down to electronic health records and the rollout of Healthcare.gov. He proudly served as a political appointee from 2013 – 2017 at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services as well as the State Department, helping him gain unique insight into the intersection of policy and communications at the national level.
Wesley holds a degree in political science from DePaul University in Chicago, as well as a J.D. from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Manager
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Information Programs, Senior Advisor
- U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, Speechwriter
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs, Advisor for Digital Communications, Outreach & Strategy
- The White House Domestic Policy Council, Policy Clerk
- The Glover Park Group, Associate
3 Fun Facts
- Something Wes has written has been used by every branch of the federal government.
- Wes has been to all 50 states, but can’t pick a favorite.
- He once successfully convinced the Secretary of Health and Human Services to tweet about “Sharknado”.