Tracy brings more than 30 years of experience in clinical, health policy, corporate social responsibility and philanthropic leadership. A Navy veteran and military retiree with 26 years of service, Tracy served in broad policy-making roles that supported the Department of Defense in multiple health care initiatives, including positions in the Office of the Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs), the TRICARE Management Activity and for the Navy Surgeon General.
For the past several years, Tracy served as Senior Vice President, Social Responsibility, UnitedHealth Group and President of the United Health Foundation, a private 501 (c) (3). In this role, she led all philanthropic and charitable programs and initiatives, overseeing more than $100M in grants to support underserved communities and future clinicians, leading employee giving and volunteering programs for the company’s more than 400,000 employees, and directed the America’s Health Rankings platform, the longest running, state-by-state analysis of our nation’s health.
Malone received her undergraduate degree from St. Anselm’s College and a master’s degree in nursing from the University of Colorado.
- Senior Advisor, Ward Circle Strategies
- President, United Health Foundation and Senior Vice President, UnitedHealth Group
- Executive Director, US Family Health Plan Alliance
- Chief of Staff to the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs)
- Director of Regional Operations, TRICARE Management Activity
- Aide to the Surgeon General of the Navy
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, US Navy
3 Fun Facts
- Tracy’s most rewarding professional experiences included caring for service members, veterans, military families and even the President of the United States as a nurse assigned to the White House Medical Unit.
- During the pandemic, Tracy joined the Virginia Medical Reserve Corps and volunteered at vaccination clinics across the county.
- You can find Tracy on the pickleball court at least three days a week.