Steve Hill brings more than 30 years of experience in military operations, healthcare, informatics, and communications. An Air Force veteran and military retiree, Steve held leadership positions at military installations and in deployed settings around the globe, and in policy positions with the Defense Health Agency, and for the Army Surgeon General.
Prior to joining Ward Circle Strategies, Steve completed 7 years as a career federal employee for the U.S. Army Medical Command in Europe. He was the Program Manager for Chief Medical Information Office responsible for the delivery clinical information systems to military hospitals and clinics throughout Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
Steve was detailed to US Army Surgeon General’s personal staff as an advisor for health strategy and innovation. He provided advice and communications strategies to the Surgeon General on a wide variety of critical issues including readiness, healthcare operations, finance, quality, safety and health of the Force.
Steve’s final active duty Air Force assignment was at Ramstein Air Base Germany as Director of Operations for the 86th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron. He led wartime aeromedical evacuation planning and surge operations at Ramstein in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM until his retirement in 2007.
Assigned to joint medical position at Pentagon in 1999, Steve established the Department of Defense TRICARE Operations Center where he directed a team that monitored worldwide Military Health System operations and provided analysis to senior Service representatives.
Steve holds a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Notre Dame, Master of Public Administration from Troy State University, and Master of Science in Cybersecurity from University of Maryland – University College.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Advisor
- United State Army Medical Command – Europe; Clinical Informatics and Chief Medical Information Office (CMIO) Program Manager
- Martin, Blank, and Associates, Partner
- United States Air Force, 22-year veteran; 7 years in aircraft and munitions maintenance, and 15 years in medical service corps.
3 Fun Facts
- Steve is an accomplished volleyball referee and coach.
- He can often be found longingly watching planes taking off and landing at Reagan National.
- He was bitten by a rattlesnake in Pomona, California.