As an associate at Ward Circle Strategies, Sam works with a variety of clients on a range of issues from traumatic brain injuries to US politics . He pitches media stories, creates social media content, and provides research and media monitoring.
Sam graduated from American University in 2022 with a Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and Strategic Communications and a minor in Marketing. While studying, Sam interned with Things To Do DC where he supported events at more than a dozen embassies, researched marketing trends, and created social media content. During Covid, events shifted online and he managed virtual museum tours, trivia nights, and country tours.
In his senior year, Sam interned with Los Angeles-based advertising firm, Quigley Simpson, where he conducted target audience research on various agency clients, created reports and presentations, and conducted research on the consumer-packaged goods industry and new marketing technologies. At the end of his college career, Sam’s capstone project focused on creating a comprehensive PR plan for City Ridge, a 1.2 million square foot Northwest D.C. mixed-use development with 360,000 square feet of commercial space, anchored by D.C.’s first Wegman’s and 690 residential units. His team’s project was awarded the top prize by City Ridge.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Associate
- Quigley Simpson, Advertising Intern
- Things To Do DC, Marketing Intern
3 Fun Facts
- During his freshman year at American University, Sam ate his way through the embassies of the world.
- Sam has been called an old soul with his love of vintage films, 80s music and mid-century cuisine.
- He once danced the Hora with one of the Supreme Court justices.