Like many millennials who graduated at the height of the recession in the late aughts, Megan Burns took her degree from Ithaca College and did something totally different. While she never attended law school as planned, she saw the potential of the digital space and social media and has had a successful career in marketing ever since. She dove into content, branding, and creative marketing and worked with some of the first true influencers of the internet.
While Megan started her career in the non-profit and higher education spaces working for The Girl Scouts and New York University – she moved into the corporate and agency space to hone her marketing skills. During this time, she was behind the shift when BLISS went from spa only to the mass markets, and if you too dyed your hair pink during the pandemic, you were probably inspired by one of her ads during her time at oVertone.
It was during her first pregnancy she decided to use her powers for good and moved back into the advocacy space, helping to elect the first female majority to the Colorado legislature and get the first Latina woman from Colorado to Congress as the Director of Communications and Digital for the Colorado Democratic Party. She is excited to continue to do good work and bring her skillset to Ward Circle Strategy. When she isn’t working, you will find her enjoying all the things Colorado has to offer.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Principal
- Colorado Democratic Party, Director, Digital + Communications
- oVertone, Director, Content Marketing + Strategy
- BLISS, Manager Content Strategy
- ALGENIST, Content Strategist
- Fact & Fiction, Content Strategist and Digital Producer
- New York University, Marketing, Events and Communications Manager
- Girl Scouts of Greater NY, Marketing Communications Associate, Social Media and Product Sales
3 Fun Facts
- Being the change she wishes to see in the world, Megan ran for City Council and is currently serving a four-year term.
- As a true Aries, Megan enjoys movement and you will find her boxing and dancing on the weekends.
- While she is a mom of two kids under two, her first children were her two rescue dogs.