McCaffrey Blauner has a wide-spanning background in journalism, having covered beats from breaking news to finance. As a breaking news reporter with wire service Carlin Haynes Media, McCaffrey broke numerous major stories, and gained a deep appreciation of media ecology. As an editorial producer for finance news outlet Real Vision, he produced long-form deep dive segments on global economics and finance, and was the lead booker for all Real Vision podcasts.
A longtime student of media strategy, McCaffrey also developed his own private communications practice, consulting for commercial and non-profit clients, and helping to produce high-profile conferences and events. As a Manager at Ward Circle, McCaffrey focuses on content strategy and development.
McCaffrey holds a M.S. from Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, where he was a Stabile Investigative Fellow. A New York City native, his writing has appeared in outlets like The Nation and The Daily Beast.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Manager
- Needham Partners, Program Producer
- Real Vision TV, Editorial Producer
- TMX News, Investigative Reporter
- Carlin Haynes Media, Breaking News Reporter
- Quill.org, Communications Fellowship
3 Fun Facts
- McCaffrey is excited to be part of a team working on meaningful projects to make a difference in the world.
- McCaffrey prides himself on a highly developed sense for the media landscape, messaging strategy, and a wealth of experience writing for different audiences.
- McCaffrey is an avid martial arts practitioner, whose studies have taken him as far as Thailand.