Chet has served in a variety of roles in support of the Military Health System including Medical Management Engineer, Medical Service Corps Officer and Manpower Manager at the base, Major Air Command (MAJCOM), HQ AF Surgeon General Office and DoD levels. Chet has over 48 years of academic and professional achievements and is an expert in management engineering, manpower management, program management, healthcare analysis, strategic management, decision support systems, and process re-engineering.
Chet currently supports the WCS VHA Manpower Team helping evolve the VHA CO, VISN and Medical Center programs. Chet is using his training as a management engineer and hospital administrator to train the WCS VHA team on all aspects and managing and measuring the needs to run a medical facility.
- Chet is the former Chief of Manpower and Organization for the Defense Health Agency (DHA). In this role, he was responsible for developing the organization structure for the DHA and identifying a defensible manpower footprint for each piece of the organization. His team developed manpower documents for 51 hospitals, 424 clinics, 248 dental clinics across the nation and around the world.
- Chet performed duties as the Chief Operating Officer for Valytics, LLC supporting a wide range of contracting responsibilities involving the Military Health System.
- Chet was chosen as the Deputy Assistant Surgeon General, Medical Plans and Programs. In this role he oversaw the development and defense of the $37B Budget including over 45K manpower positions.
3 Fun Facts
- What drives you to do outstanding work for our clients? Continued support of the military, veteran’s and all dependents requiring care of the Military and VA medical systems.
- What skills have you developed to excel at your role? Management Engineering and Hospital Administration
- Have you worked on any high-profile projects, and what was your impact? Multiple manpower studies of the entire Military Health Care system and the Defense Health Agency defending the needs of over 100K positions.