Before working at Ward Circle Strategies, Shannon had experience as a public health intern at Grace Village Medical Clinic in Clarkson, Georgia, where she assisted with patient admissions, designed social media content catering to the health needs of a diverse population of more than 40 nationalities (and speaking 60 languages), and developed outreach strategies to raise health awareness in vulnerable populations.
Shannon graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Health Promotion. While earning her degree, she also worked as a research assistant for a cellular biology lab that focused on deciphering the contact-signaling code of neural morphogenesis.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Associate
- Grace Village Medical Clinic, Public Health Intern
- Kamiyama Cellular Biology Lab, Research Assistant
3 Fun Facts:
- She grew up in Heidelberg, Germany.
- Shannon is determined to explore one new Ethiopian restaurant for each month she has lived in the DC area – 2 of which fellow Ward Circle Strategies colleague and DC native Jacob Terrell wisely recommended.
- She once ran into the mayor of DC at a Funk Parade on U Street.