Ward Circle Strategies, a public affairs and strategic communications consulting firm in Washington, DC, is seeking a Senior Associate to help our team serve a variety of dynamic clients. We believe in making a difference, and we serve a broad range of government, nonprofit and for-profit clients. We’ve built brands and coalitions, advised government leaders on policy and communications, helped our clients move and mobilize public opinion, and fostered innovation in both the public and private sectors. We’ve helped global giants, respected thought leaders, and start-up entrepreneurs alike.
Who You Are
We are looking for a self-starter with a passion for creating meaningful impact and translating complex issues for a variety of audiences. We need an excellent writer, a digital native, and someone who knows how to manage multiple projects against competing deadlines. A qualified candidate will be a team player but also have impeccable judgment and the ability to operate at a high level independently.
- Assist in developing and executing public affairs and strategic communications campaigns.
- Create engaging written, graphic, and video content.
- Develop content calendars for social media and manage accounts/coordinate account management with clients.
- Conduct media monitoring and create coverage analysis reports.
- Draft blogs, op-eds and statements.
- Package complex information in clear, concise 1-pagers, infographics, and other communications tools.
- Pitch reporters and prepare clients for interviews.
- Build and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including social media.
- Strong research skills.
- Attention to detail in editing and formatting documents and in preparing products and emails for clients.
- An interest in public affairs, and a working knowledge of U.S. politics, elections, the Hill, and media relations (pitching reporters, framing stories, press releases, media markets, etc.).
- Must be a self-starter able to work both in teams and independently, and be unafraid to ask for help or clarification when needed.
- Able to interact professionally with people at all levels of client and other organizations.
- Must be able to balance and prioritize multiple tasks, and be flexible to work with different kinds of clients and change focus in rapid-response situations.
- Work well under the pressure associated with multiple short-notice deadlines.
- Must be very comfortable with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), collaborative tools (Google Docs, Dropbox, Zoom).
- Knowledge of media tools (Meltwater, Cision, etc.) and social media tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.) is a plus.
- Some experience with design programs (Canva, Piktochart, etc.) and/or video tools (iMovie, Adobe Premiere, etc.) is a plus.
- Bachelors degree and 3-5 years professional experience. Previous agency or consulting experience a plus, but not required.
Job title and pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Hiring@wardcirclestrategies.com by July 30. Please indicate: “Senior Associate” in the subject line.