Ward Circle Strategies, Inc. Senior Associate
Who We Are
Ward Circle Strategies, Inc. is a public policy and communications firm specializing in delivering strategic guidance and hands-on communications and policy support to our clients, with a focus on government health policy, strategic communications, non-profit outreach, and program management. We offer a wide range of services from strategy development to media outreach, speechwriting, and material creation.
At Ward Circle Strategies, we pride ourselves in focusing on causes and issues that we are passionate about – and that make a difference in our world. We care deeply about our clients’ missions, and we are motivated by the impact our clients have on the populations they serve. Our focus areas range from health to homelessness, addressing the needs of military families to underserved communities. In all that we do, we work with people and organizations that share a common vision: to achieve social impact through meaningful actions.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter with a passion for creating meaningful impact and translating complex issues for a variety of audiences. You’re an excellent writer, researcher, and strategic thinker. You have experience in marketing, public relations, healthcare policy, medical research, or public health and are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge and skills in a hands-on leadership role for a major government medical system. You know how to manage multiple projects against competing deadlines. You are a team player and also have impeccable judgment and the ability to operate at a high level independently.
- Develop strategic communications, marketing, and educational strategies and products for Department of Defense agency focused on healthcare delivery, patient education, and medical marketing and service promotion.
- Serve as liaison and communications support to senior Department of Defense leaders and professional staff.
- Manage client deliverables and track ongoing needs and requests of our team.
- Develop original communication and marketing plans, materials, presentations, web and social media content, and other documents to promote the mission and responsibilities of the client.
- Promote client work through multiple social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Support other military federal healthcare communications needs of the firm.
- Engage in business development opportunities to help our firm continue to grow.
- Travel locally as needed to support client engagements and activities.
- Assist with day-to-day business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Some prior experience, preferably 4-5 years, in healthcare, marketing, public affairs, or communications preferred. Knowledge of the Military Health System (MHS) and Veterans Health Administration (VHA) a plus.
- Experience planning integrated communications and marketing strategies that include both internal and external audiences.
- Social media experience in a healthcare or marketing environment preferred.
- Comfortable working with senior level leaders in the federal government.
- Capable of working collaboratively with teams – military, government civilian, and contractor personnel.
- Work well under the pressure associated with multiple short-notice deadlines.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to effectively translate lengthy and technical information into concise, easy to read content. Excellent writing skills a must. Request writing samples submitted with resume.
- Ability to execute in a bureaucratic environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, and InDesign preferred.
- In-person position located in Falls Church, VA
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Lindsey Caraway at firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate: “Senior Associate DH” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.