Todd Flournoy works actively with Ward Circle Strategies on select client accounts, for which he provides strategy guidance, as well as targeted outreach, to partners and donors.
Todd is a veteran government affairs executive who is the Principal of The Flournoy Group LLC, a boutique public policy firm primarily focused on the representation of entertainment and nonprofit clients before the Administration, Congress, and state and local entities. With more than 20 years of senior level experience in both federal and state government and the entertainment industry, Todd has developed an extensive network of federal, state and local relationships throughout the country.
Todd currently serves as the primary outside advocate for the newly combined Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (SAG-AFTRA), the nation’s largest entertainment union – representing over 160,000 actors, recording artists, broadcasters, dancers, stunt performers, voiceover artists and others. Todd regularly interacts with high profile talent and their representatives in Washington as well as in other events in Los Angeles, Nashville, New York and other cities.
Todd has also provided direct entertainment community support as part of his work for several nonprofit clients eager to harness the power of celebrity and leverage it for maximum issue awareness and impact.
Prior to the Flournoy Group LLC, Todd served as Vice President and Senior Counsel for Federal Affairs and Policy for the Motion Picture Association of America, Inc. (“MPAA”).
Earlier, Todd worked at a senior level as a Presidential Appointee at the U.S. Department of Labor in the Clinton Administration, as a senior staff member of the U.S. Department of Justice, and as a Congressional staff member.
- Representation of SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists)
- Federal and State Government Affairs Executive MPAA
- Clinton Administration, Presidential Appointee
- Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee, Senator Kennedy Staff Aide
3 Fun Facts:
- Though born and raised on the East Coast, Todd’s affinity for sunshine means Southern California is where you will find Todd when he has any down time at all.
- With family roots in Appomattox and growing up in Richmond, Virginia, Todd is a huge history buff and will readily duck into almost any museum and stop to read the smallest of historical markers.
- Once spent an afternoon on the downtown Mall with George Clooney during a film shoot. To no one’s surprise, Todd was not asked to join in any scenes on camera.