Tabitha Colter is Director of Operations at Partners for Automated Vehicle Education (PAVE). In addition to internal organization management, Tabitha also oversees many of PAVE’s outreach efforts including demonstration events, website development, new member recruitment, policy workshops and an academic and public sector advisory council.
One of her favorite activities during the COVID-19 pandemic has been assisting with PAVE’s transition to virtual content by serving as a moderator or speaker for over 25+ virtual events, including with AAA, DriveOhio, SAE Detroit, and USDOT.
Prior to joining PAVE, Tabitha attended Duke University as a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellow where she focused on autonomous vehicle research and received her Masters in Bioethics & Science Policy.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Associate
- Partners for Automated Vehicle Education (PAVE), Director of Operations
- National Science Foundation, Graduate Research Fellow – Duke University
- Teach Thailand Corps, English, Math, and Physics Teacher
- Furman University Writing and Media Lab, Writing and Media Consultant
3 Fun Facts:
- Tabitha is a big runner and has competed in many triathlons, Spartan/obstacle races, and trail runs. She finished her first 50k race (31.25 miles) during summer 2021 in South Carolina!
- Her parents became vegetarians in college so Tabitha has been one her entire life.
- She gave a TEDx talk as a sophomore at her undergraduate university’s TEDxFurmanU conference in 2015.