Steve, who spent two decades at ABC News and FOX as a network news executive producer as well as a White House producer and director of special events, brings his understanding of TV news and journalism to bear for his clients. He specializes in executing winning strategies and messaging to elevate brand awareness, connect with national and regional media, and reach and engage with influential thought leaders.
As Director of Communications for a Pacific Northwest industrial firm, he implemented the company’s first earned and paid media strategies, built and wrote new websites and designed marketing programs and materials to introduce a new brand, reach customers, and influence media, industry leaders and customers. He connected with mainstream and trade media as an on-camera spokesperson for crisis management, pitched stories, and created brand support among national security, government, commercial and other audiences.
As a consultant for the Glover Park Group, Old Town Writers Group and other public affairs firms, he has counseled corporate leaders on media aspects of workforce development, labor and human relations issues worldwide. Hirsh has also guided communications and outreach for a wide range of corporations, nonprofit groups and foundations, including American Airlines, the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance, the Rockefeller Family Fund, the Center for Naval Analysis and more.
He is based in Seattle.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Advisor
- Washington DC and Seattle, Communications Consultant
- Vigor Industrial Seattle, Communications & Brand Manager
- Fox News, Director of Special Events and Network Pool Coverage
- ABC News, White House Producer and Assignment Editor, Special Events Producer
3 Fun Facts:
- Steve has visited and worked in all 50 states and more than 75 countries at last count.
- Steve has a hard hat with his name on it (from his time managing communications for a Pacific Northwest maritime company). He says it comes in handy when pitching tough stories to editors and bookers.
- He has a fondness for Washington (Steve lived in DC for 20 years) but is enjoying his transplant to Seattle – nature, a vibrant tech community and a Congressional rep with a vote in Congress.