Peggy Meli has over 25 years of healthcare system consulting, medical coding instruction and training specialist for professional physician and Health Information Management (HIM) coding and HIM operations management experience. She has a proven track record of working with multifunctional teams to strengthen revenue cycle financial performance. Peggy has substantial experience executing effective project solutions for HIM/physician professional services, compliance, training, and technology projects. She has a demonstrated ability to manage difficult situations and solve complex business process issues from executive leadership to the operational level. Peggy is a recognized HIM Operations consultant, performance and process improvement (PI) expert, international conference presenter, writer, and thought leader.
Prior to joining Ward Circle Strategies, Peggy was a Specialist Master at Deloitte and Touche, LLP, Risk and Financial Advisory Services, where she worked with healthcare clients on multiple engagements relating to Commercial and Federal Healthcare Compliance, Operations and Coding and PI projects.
At Ward Circle Strategies, Peggy will Support Navy Medicine’s Health Records Management (HRM) Program Management Office (PMO) on multiple efforts related to clinical documentation and coding PI.
Peggy holds a B.S. in Health Informatics and Information Management from the University of Central Florida (UCF), and a Master’s Degree in Health Services Administration and Health Sciences also from UCF’s College of Health, and a Ph.D. in Instructional Design & Technology, from the College of Education at UCF. Peggy has a Registered Health Information Administration credential, is licensed in Florida as a Health Care Risk Manager, and is Certified in Healthcare Compliance.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Manager
- Deloitte & Touche, LLP, Specialist Master
- Lockheed Martin, Human Performance Engineer
- AHIMA Foundation, Coding Instructional Design Expert, ICD-9 to ICD-10 contract with CMS
- Florida International University, UCF, and Valencia College, Health Information Management (HIM) Instructor roleCareer Highlights:
3 Fun Facts:
- Peggy has designed training modules for everything from identifying life threatening symptoms of pulmonary embolism to making tea on a military rotary wing aircraft.
- Peggy has a patent for “teaching thinking” or accelerated guided experiential learning and PI.
- Peggy and her family enjoy traveling, whether hiking on a glacier in New Zealand/Alaska or visiting Yosemite National Park.