Currently stationed in Baltimore, Maryland, Momina works with the Workforce Strategy and Standardization team to support the Veterans Health Administration Manpower Management efforts, to ensure the most efficient and economical use of resources.
Prior to starting at Ward Circle Strategies, Momina graduated from Virginia Tech in 2018 with a Bachelor’s in Human Nutrition, Foods and Exercise, as well as a minor in Political Science. One of her fondest experiences from her undergraduate career involved traveling to Roanoke, Virginia, to conduct translational research on the mammalian conduction of the heart.
Post-college, Momina accepted a position at the Johns Hopkins Emergency Department, as a Research Program Coordinator working to extract and manage data and enroll patients in a variety of studies on infectious diseases.
During her second year there she decided her next steps involved building her data analytics skills and found herself applying to the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Once accepted, Momina began her Master’s degree in Public Health in Health Policy in August of 2021 and is set to graduate in May of 2023. Her current areas of interest include healthcare policy, health economics and women’s health at large.
In her spare time, she likes to prioritize her mental health by running, cooking and reading memoirs.
- Working with the Center of Public Health and Human Rights in the Validation of Stigma Metrics at the Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Enrolling over 400+ patients in the COVID-19 studies while working as a Research Program Coordinator at the Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Becoming a published author in the Journal of Visualized Experiments in 2018 for the article titled, “Quantifying Intermembrane Distances with Serial Image Dilations”
3 Fun Facts
- After a few years of phlebotomy at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, Momina finds herself always looking for a good vein on the arms of those around her.
- Momina loves a good hike, one of her recent favorites is Annapolis Rock. Please share your hiking suggestions!
- Momina ran her first half-marathon in October, 2021 and hopes to run more in the future.