Ashley is a Senior Associate at Ward Circle Strategies, providing a diverse skillset and expertise to meet the needs of our clients.
Ashley joined Ward Circle as a Senior Associate after spending nearly 8 years in journalism, most recently as regional Managing Editor for the USA TODAY Network’s northeast Pennsylvania newsroom. As regional Managing Editor, Ashley directed coverage of local and national importance on all topics, from public safety, politics, and the environment; to the arts, entertainment and sports. She proudly managed a team of award-winning journalists that at times spanned multiple states and publications. Much of her work focused on new media–including video and podcast production, column writing, as well as special project development.
Before her work in journalism, Ashley spent time advocating for local arts in the Pocono Mountains on behalf of the Pocono Arts Council, St’Art Stroudsburg and Project Street Art. Her efforts in this area included project management on more than a dozen city murals in Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg, as well as exhibition curating, event management and emerging artist development at several art galleries.
Prior to her work in the arts, Ashley worked in the entertainment industry as a production assistant on Nick Jr.’s Team Umi Zoomi, eventually moving into a motion graphics animation role as a special effects colorist. Ashley has also worked as a freelance motion designer and video editor for numerous boutique clients.
Ashley considers herself a lifetime student, and enjoys learning all she can when she is able. She holds a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, with a concentration in non-profit performance management from Rutgers University; a Bachelor of Science degree in Paralegal studies from Purdue University Global, and spent three years studying digital arts at Pratt Institute.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Associate
- Gannett, Managing Editor (Northeast Pennsylvania)
- Gatehouse Media, Managing Editor (Pocono Record)
- Gatehouse Media, Multimedia Editor (Pocono Record)
3 Fun Facts
- Ashley enjoys painting from her home studio space, and comes from a family of artists and musicians.
- Ashley wrote columns about her experiences making Puerto Rican pasteles from her abuelos and learning about the significance of making Ukrainian Pysanky eggs from her mother. She loves connecting with her family’s immigrant history through food and art.
- Ashley kicked off her career as a censorship intern at MTV at the start of the recession.