Aimee Dawson is a public policy and communications leader with over 10 years of experience in both the public and private sectors. She has spent the majority of her career improving the quality and access of healthcare and services to people worldwide.
Most recently, Aimee was the Deputy Director of the National Veteran Intermediary (NVI), a social impact start-up designed to improve outcomes in the Veterans space using principles of collective impact. Part of a two-person team, Aimee helped investigate, design, build and kick-off the NVI, which is pioneered by the Bob Woodruff Foundation.
Before her role as Deputy Director, Aimee worked in Global Public Policy at Eli Lilly and Company where she discovered and formulated policy-related strategies to improve access to Lilly medicines in global markets. She was the primary author of a Global Environment Shaping Playbook which has improved coordination of product launch strategies across business functions.
Prior to Lilly, Aimee worked at Deloitte Consulting for nearly six years serving both Federal and State government clients. While working in Washington, D.C. she helped design the first-of-its kind inter-agency warrior care coordination policy shared by the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs. The policy provided the foundation on which the two agencies are improving care coordination for the most severely wounded, ill, and injured Service members and Veterans.
Aimee has a B.A. in political science and philosophy from Indiana University and a Masters of Public Policy from the University of Chicago where she focused on poverty and inequality.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Manager
- National Veterans Intermediary at the Bob Woodruff Foundation, Deputy Director
- Eli Lilly & Company, Global Public Policy Consultant
- Deloitte Consulting, LLP, Senior Consultant
- National Conference for Community and Justice (NCCJ), Director of Youth Diversity Programs
- Corporate Executive Board (CEB), Marketing Associate
3 Fun Facts:
- No fan of dead air – Aimee hosted a live, two-hour weekly talk show on Orlando’s Radio Disney affiliate during high school
- If Aimee could talk only in puns she would
- Ask her about going undercover to break protest stories for NBC at a national presidential convention