Martin advises on strategic program management for military and veteran focused organizations. Navigation of fund development, strategic relationships, and best practices on delivering services and benefits to military, veterans and their families.
Prior to joining Ward Circle Strategies, Martin served nearly ten years as a County Veteran Service Officer in rural Minnesota. While in this position he also served in various roles with the National Association of County Veteran Service Officers (NACVSO), to include being elected to the executive board and Vice President seats. He served on multiple Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) advisory boards as a representative of NACVSO, ranging from VA appeals modernization to Greater Choice/Community CARE.
Martin is also a Marine Corps veteran with multiple deployments to Iraq. His last assignment was with 4th Civil Affairs Group, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, Washington, D.C. where he and his team were responsible for distribution of new Iraqi Dinar and establishing and securing voting sites in the free elections of Iraq in 2005. They also initiated a full-time presence at the Government Center in Ramadi to serve as liaison to local Iraqis.
Martin holds a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science/Government Leadership from Metropolitan State University.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Manger
- National Association of County Veteran Service Officers, 1st Vice President
- Redwood County, MN, County Veteran Service Officer
- Upper Midwest Board of Governors Emmy ® Award Winner
- Minnesota Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Claims Representative
3 Fun Facts:
- Worked as a bat boy for Bill Murray’s St. Paul Saints all through high school
- Was married on his birthday
- Believes Kirk Cousins will be the Vikings savior (SKOL)