An innovative initiative born of the COVID crisis, used the power of celebrity to reach Latinos with critical messages during this challenging time Our team helped Listos California conceive of and launch InformaGente—an online conversation series —in partnership with the National Hispanic Foundation for the Arts (NHFA) and the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC). The program brought in familiar voices in both Spanish and English to reach communities across California with life saving information about COVID-19 with WCS-produced shareable video content distributed by celebrities, state and local agencies and our partner orgs across social media.
The goal of InformaGente is to connect the Latino community with critical information on COVID-19 and how to prepare for other emergencies like earthquakes and wildfire.
- We leveraged the pro bono talent of popular Latino and Latina entertainers from film, television and music and the subject matter expertise of state leaders to provide critical information.
- We produced hort web episodes via Zoom enabling celebrity hosts to get answers to questions on the minds of the Latino community (which suffered disproportionately from the COVID-19 virus) and highlighted the importance of being prepared for disasters.
- We helped created partnerships with two leading national Latino organizations to identify key topics, secure the talent and distribute information
- The InformaGente series had over 2 million views, the majority of which were from Latino audiences.
- Engaging Hollywood celebrities for InformaGente transcended a glitzy marketing campaign. It put beloved performers on the vast stage that is California and invited an eager audience to join them in creating an inclusively safer state for all.