Who We Are
Ward Circle Strategies is a public affairs and strategic communications consulting firm. We specialize in delivering strategic guidance and hands-on support to our clients, with a focus on public policy and program management. We offer a wide range of services, from strategy development to media outreach, speechwriting, and materials creation.
At Ward Circle Strategies, the mission matters: we work with people and organizations toward positive social change. We focus on causes and issues we are passionate about, from health to homelessness, to the needs of military families and veterans, to the future of underserved communities both in the US and internationally.
We are always looking for fresh talent. We look for creative self-starters with an interest in meaningful impact. We seek strategic thinkers with strong research and writing skills who are comfortable working for clients both large and small in a fast-paced, multitasking environment. Our people enjoy both working in a team setting and spearheading projects independently.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Hiring@WardCircleStrategies.com. Please indicate the position of interest in your subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter with a passion for creating meaningful impact and translating complex issues for a variety of audiences. You’re an excellent writer, researcher, and know how to manage multiple projects against competing deadlines. You are a team player but also have impeccable judgment and the ability to operate at a high level independently.
- Support senior staff in developing strategic communications strategies and products, including pitches to new/existing clients and media outreach
- Conduct research, draft emails, briefings and proposals
- Pull press clips and media lists
- Coordinate call and meeting schedules, including booking conference rooms, organizing staff meetings and other administrative duties
This is a 10-week paid internship with the option of continuing the internship into full time employment.
- Bachelors degree
- Interest in and familiarity with brand marketing/pitching, media outreach and public relations campaigns
- Interest in government health policy
- Works well with a team and independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can produce concise, easy to read content
- Comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to Hiring@wardcirclestrategies.com. Please indicate: “Intern” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.