Jacob Terrell supports the Defense Health Agency (DHA) with executive communications in support of the implementation of their Military Health System (MHS) Genesis Program. In his role, he helps produce reports and strategic communications to government and military leaders on ways to streamline and advance MHS Genesis’ programmatic goals.
Prior to his position at Ward Circle Strategies, Jacob spent the last decade advancing public policy initiatives through his work as Associate Legislative Director for Homeland Security and Emergency Management at the National Association of Counties (NACo), and as a member of the legislative policy staff of former U.S. Senate Armed Services Committee Chairman Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) and former U.S. Senator Jim Webb (D-Va.).
During his tenure at NACo and the U.S. Senate, Jacob supported both federal and local elected officials in advancing and promoting public policy initiatives aimed at improving safety, efficiency, and transparency of federal, state and local programs serving both civilians and service members.
- Ward Circle Strategies, Senior Associate
- Associate Legislative Director, National Association of Counties (NACo)
- Personal Aide/ Legislative Correspondent, U.S. Senator John McCain
- Legislative Correspondent, U.S. Senator Jim Webb
3 Fun Facts:
- In high school Jacob brought his first car on eBay for $400 then paid $300 for a 9 hour Amtrak ticket to pick up the car north of Syracuse, NY
- Jacob doubled as Senator John McCain’s personal driver for two years after the late Senator overheard a conversation that he was a native of the D.C. area
- Jacob spends an hour every night at local dog parks with his puppy Albert