Ward Circle Strategies, Inc.
Digital Specialist (Associate / Senior Associate)
Washington, DC or Remote
Full time, salaried
Ward Circle Strategies, a public affairs and strategic communications consulting firm in Washington, DC, is seeking a Digital Specialist to help our team serve a variety of dynamic clients. We believe in making a difference, and we serve a broad range of government, nonprofit and for-profit clients. We’ve built brands and coalitions, advised government leaders on policy and communications, helped our clients move and mobilize public opinion, and fostered innovation in both the public and private sectors. We’ve helped global giants, respected thought leaders, and start-up entrepreneurs alike.
We are looking for a Digital Specialist to support our clients in managing social media accounts, write and facilitate email campaigns, build and execute digital strategies, and collaborate across client and internal teams. We seek self-starters with passion for creating meaningful impact and translating complex issues for a variety of audiences. We need an excellent writer who is digitally fluent and knows how to manage multiple projects against competing deadlines. A qualified candidate will be a team player but also have impeccable judgment and the ability to operate at a high level independently.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day social media accounts for a variety of clients
- Write copy and design content for various social media platforms
- Monitor social media channels and respond to or elevate risks and concerns
- Understand and monitor client issues and news, and engage appropriately
- Track analytics and provide routine reporting, according to client needs
- Support clients in direct email campaigns, email communications for stakeholders, and email communications for memberships
- Facilitate direct email outreach as needed – including in rapid response situations
- Develop digital strategies for clients, collaborating across client teams and aligning to client priorities – including, but not limited to, development, membership, marketing, etc.
- Create and maintain content calendars and trackers, designed with client needs and processes in mind
- Leverage client assets and relationships in digital strategies, e.g. media placements, paid ads, websites, influencer relationships
Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Qualifications
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong research skills
- Attention to detail in editing and formatting documents and in preparing products and emails for clients
- Able to interact professionally with people at all levels of client and other organizations
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple tasks, and be flexible to work with different kinds of clients and change focus in rapid-response situations
- Work well under the pressure associated with multiple short-notice deadlines
Digital Skills / Platforms
- General Office tools:
- Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Collaborative tools – Google Docs, Dropbox, Zoom
- Social media platforms and manager platforms:
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Hootsuite, Sprout Social
- Design programs – Canva, Adobe
- Video programs – iMovie, Adobe Premiere
- Email and contact management – Constant Contact, Mail Chimp
- Media tools – Meltwater, Cision, Critical Mention
- Bachelors degree in a related field (communications, media, marketing, etc.) preferred and 3-5 years professional experience
- Experience managing a brand, nonprofit, or professional association social media presence
- Experience with email campaigns
- Previous agency or consulting experience a plus, but not required
- An interest in public affairs, and a working knowledge of U.S. politics, elections, the Hill, and media relations
- A passion for issue advocacy, such as:
- human rights
- sustainability and climate change
- mobility and technology
Job title and pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Salary range: $65,000 – $85,000
Interested applicants should send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please indicate: “Digital Specialist” in the subject line.